Fundamentals of Decarbonisation (VIRTUAL) - FOD
3-4 Oct 2022
|10:00am-12:30pm (New York) / 15:00-17:30 (London)
||Zoom: Americas to Europe
||USD 1,045 (FOD-VILTNA22-10)
26 Aug 2022
*Prices do not include VAT, GST, or any other local taxes. All applicable taxes will be added to the invoice.
**Please register by the deadline to help us ensure sufficient attendance and avoid postponing the course.
Fundamentals of Decarbonization is a VIRTUAL classroom course presented by the energy training experts at Mennta Energy Solutions.
This workshop provides an introduction to the fundamentals of decarbonization and approaches to it. Topics explored during an overview of the source and extent of global carbon emissions, different technical approaches to decarbonization, as well as corporate and government commitments.
A key element of the course is that you get the chance to put the knowledge learned into practice through a series of educational and enjoyable class exercises. These exercises are designed to reinforce and extend your learning from the class.
This virtual solution is comprised of two live instructor-led sessions hosted on state-of-the-art training software with video, audio, chat, live polls, breakout sessions and much more!
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in decarbonization. The course assumes no prior knowledge in the subject.
- Why do we need to decarbonize?
- The scale of the CO2 problem
- Major sources of emissions
- CO2 emissions control regulations
- Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Terminology: carbon neutral, net-zero, carbon negative
- Net-zero corporate and governmental commitments
- Different approaches to decarbonization
- Carbon reduction approaches
- Energy efficiency
- Alternative fuels
- Decarbonization initiatives and progress by sector
- Electricity generation
- Light road transportation
- Heavy road transportation
- Marine transportation
- Oil & gas industry
- Natural carbon removal approaches
- e.g. afforestation, biochar, carbon farming, enhanced weathering, blue carbon
- Carbon capture & storage
- Key applications
- Points of carbon capture: pre-combustion, post-combustion, oxyfuel combustion
- Carbon capture separation technologies
- Bioenergy with carbon capture & storage (BECCS)
- Direct air capture with carbon storage (DACCS)
- The costs of carbon capture
- CO2 transportation: pipeline, marine, road & rail
- CO2 hubs
- Storage methods
- CO2 enhanced oil recovery
- Transportation and storage costs
- Carbon capture and utilization (CCU)
- CCS projects & key success factors
- Policy support
- Carbon pricing mechanisms
- Carbon taxation
- Emissions trading schemes
- Carbon offsetting
- Other policy support mechanisms, e.g. tax credits, investments/grants
- Global and local commitment frameworks
- National government policies
- Current commitments of key players (US, EU, China)
- Mandatory vs voluntary commitments
- Corporate commitments
- Carbon taxation
- Carbon offsets, certificates or allowances
- Carbon trading schemes