Introduction to the Air Renewables Industry (ON-DEMAND) - ARI
Introduction to the Air Renewables Industry is an online training course that provides an introduction to the air renewable energy Industry. Although solar and wind power have been exploited for millennia, in the developed world they have re-emerged in importance only in the past 30 years or so, with a particular spurt over the last decade. The air-source heat pump (ASHP) industry has also emerged recently. This course covers the three main groups of air renewables (solar, wind and ASHP): what they are, how they are produced, who produces them, their profitability and incentives, and their environmental impacts. It is a useful overview, not just for people who work in renewables, but for people working in fuels and energy in general.
You will learn to:
- Recognize what the main air renewable energies are
- Distinguish between the main technologies for their production, and their commercial status
- Point out who the industry players are
- Recognize the economics and subsidies
- Identify some of the environmental concerns and how they are measured
- Recognize some of the relevant issues and principles of environmental impact assessment, with respect to this industry
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.